• Hello Guest! Take 65% off everything including ranks, keys and perks during our Revival Sale! Visit Store

Towny Towny fresh start

Welcome to Imperial Networks
Which server or service is this suggestion for?
Towny
I belive that towny need a fresh start. All this that has happened has made it boring to play There is not too many things to do on towny. I think a frash start would get players give it another chance.

Please do a Yes:No vote thing. To see if players are with me.

Black_Eagle_92

Hound
Champion
Black_Eagle_92
Black_Eagle_92
Helper
Discord
Joel#7323
Sorry, but this is a bad idea in my opinion. Server restarted 2 months ago and we need another one? I do believe however, that we need some new things to keep it fresh.

Last edited:

twiggypie

twiggy314
twiggy314
Mod
Discord
twiggypie#3155
Build bigger and better things!! There's mcmmo to farm! There's money to make!!! There's towns to grow!!!

Salamananders

kiwi boy
Osmium
Picasso
Outlaw
Champion
VIP Swag
VIP Prime
Salamananders
Salamananders
Co Owner
Discord
Shameeeeel #0223
At the end of the day, it comes down to us when it comes to these kind of things. Simply stating that there is “nothing to do” doesn’t warrant a need for a “fresh start”. Please elaborate.

You have to be convincing in order to get things to happen.

Black_Eagle_92

Hound
Champion
Black_Eagle_92
Black_Eagle_92
Helper
Discord
Joel#7323
I've been thinking about this. I believe the current Towny gives off a WIP kinda vibe. Lot of bugs and issues with plugins. I take back what I previously said to an extent. I believe if everything can be fixed and implemented, a reset could prove successful.

Last edited:
Honestly fresh starts are always fun in my opinion, but there would need to be more of a reason for a reset i guess. (my opinion don't mean nothing but i'm giving it anyway) For example the 1.13 update would make towny far more fun as it implements new things that come with the update. As well as more people will want to go onto the server as its difficult to find a server that runs 1.13 properly. I agree with eagle that towny feels like a WIP, its gotten to the point where we're waiting for new things to be implemented rather than enjoying the game at this current point in time. I believe a reset would be successful once bugs are fixed and features of towny need to be fully functioning. Sorry if this sounds like im complaining, just wanted to throw my two pence in aye.

Black_Eagle_92

Hound
Champion
Black_Eagle_92
Black_Eagle_92
Helper
Discord
Joel#7323
I agree Xaivione. I believe with in its completion, a towny reset may bring new life to the server and with that, bring back a bunch of the old players. Although 1.13 would be great, It might be hard to implement due to how difficult it has been for the server and its players, otherwise, I'd love to see where this goes. I'm all for a better towny.

djmaxbeat

djmaxbeat
djmaxbeat
has a "hardcore" town member, came back today but before I was hospitalized I used to play everyday for hours, I agree with eagle to na extent, we need a reset but it's not now, I've joined up a lot of Money good builds and I will not regret or stop playing just because I agreed on a reset, after the bugs and glitches ahve been found and dealt with we should think of a reset in terms of balance inventory and map, maybe even let players take one item with them to make things interesting, but only after everythings fixed, right now a reset would be point and pretty bad since if you try to build a grinder, it'll break and a more people would quit, we need to think of this has a community and not has a one player is bored.

OP
OP
A
I agree Xaivione. I believe with in its completion, a towny reset may bring new life to the server and with that, bring back a bunch of the old players. Although 1.13 would be great, It might be hard to implement due to how difficult it has been for the server and its players, otherwise, I'd love to see where this goes. I'm all for a better towny.
There is a sligth proble tho. It may seem easy to make it 1.13 but we need to find the plugins that works for both 1.13 1.8 1.9 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 too I blive

Another suggestion is that we make the server 1.13 only to make it easier for plugins and more
Or we could make another "Towny" in 1.13 only so those people that wants to play 1.13 goes on to the 1.13 and those wants to play 1.8 - 1.12 can on the old one
So you have some options to chose from!
I feel that would be great, I know that Imperial is a network that want to have multipule versions, And I blive that is awesome!
But I still feel like we need a restart

has a "hardcore" town member, came back today but before I was hospitalized I used to play everyday for hours, I agree with eagle to na extent, we need a reset but it's not now, I've joined up a lot of Money good builds and I will not regret or stop playing just because I agreed on a reset, after the bugs and glitches ahve been found and dealt with we should think of a reset in terms of balance inventory and map, maybe even let players take one item with them to make things interesting, but only after everythings fixed, right now a reset would be point and pretty bad since if you try to build a grinder, it'll break and a more people would quit, we need to think of this has a community and not has a one player is bored.
You joined WozzyA and he actuarly got 1.2mill from a glitch which didnt get taken away, and he used 3 alts with auto clickers and didnt get banned for some reason. And he got alot of money from that. And we shoulden't have those igs we have got, we used something op and that was a bit too op, it costed 75 exp to get one ig spawner and it was super easy to get, and they removed it and now no one can get that many anymore. Most of you money comes from your ig farm which no one can make anymore without being p2w.

At the end of the day, it comes down to us when it comes to these kind of things. Simply stating that there is “nothing to do” doesn’t warrant a need for a “fresh start”. Please elaborate.

You have to be convincing in order to get things to happen.
1. I belive that people like 1.13 more and the new biomes cannot be found anywhere.
2. There have been lots of bad stuff happening with spawners
3. There is glitches that have made people rich and they've gotten lots of spawners. (cannot be gotten anymore And I am one of those)
4. Im getting bored of towny bc I cannot find stuff to do, and We cannot make to large farms like on skyblock to make money (I understand why tho)
5. I belive that players would join if it was a 1.13, with 1.13 stuff included.
6. I belive that we shouldn''t get those op kits with no effort. (hero and champion)
7. I'm thinking about why not includ those in the ranks (if you have the rank ingame) (when I say ranks I mean the new ranks added lately)

1. I belive that people like 1.13 more and the new biomes cannot be found anywhere.
2. There have been lots of bad stuff happening with spawners
3. There is glitches that have made people rich and they've gotten lots of spawners. (cannot be gotten anymore And I am one of those)
4. Im getting bored of towny bc I cannot find stuff to do, and We cannot make to large farms like on skyblock to make money (I understand why tho)
5. I belive that players would join if it was a 1.13, with 1.13 stuff included.
6. I belive that we shouldn''t get those op kits with no effort. (hero and champion)
7. I'm thinking about why not includ those in the ranks (if you have the rank ingame) (when I say ranks I mean the new ranks added lately)

8. I think we should get spawners working properly. Before the update (I understand that ben is working is heck off and needs more sleep, And he needs help I thing that Norman could help he seems to be awesome at this stuff and he seems to find and finnish.)
9. All the commands should be gettable without a rank too (more like a suggestion sorry)
thats all I can think about!
Couldent edit this in Sorry about the spamm kind a thing

Black_Eagle_92

Hound
Champion
Black_Eagle_92
Black_Eagle_92
Helper
Discord
Joel#7323
Replying to what you said Andy about the ranks. People pay for a reason, they purchase their ranks because they want those perks such as the kits and commands. The current ingame rank system allows all players to receive the same sorts of commands such as /feed, /heal and multiple sethomes. Its quite balanced at the moment. With custom enchants such as wings, all players essentially have access to these sorts of things. Lets not take away from the ranks; if you can get the perks without paying, why bother buying it?

WozzyA

WozzyA
WozzyA
You joined WozzyA and he actuarly got 1.2mill from a glitch which didnt get taken away, and he used 3 alts with auto clickers and didnt get banned for some reason.
that's some interesting and false speculation there

I think the most important improvements towny needs can be done without a complete reset

Darkstorm (Clark)

Hero
clarkston789
clarkston789
Honestly i think that Towny would be hurt by a reset, especially so soon. If we can't get new players without a reset, then its a lost cause, which it definitely isn't at the moment.
From what i've seen recently, new players tend to not even make or join towns. Towny is a bit or a foreign concept to people who have never played, and is confusing to start, which might repel newer members. I also think that the removal of the Mall and the small /shop don't agree with a small playerbase that has no reason sell items that aren't in the shop without someone asking (stone variants, netherbrick, quartz blocks, ender pearls, etc)

On a semi-related note: When you spawn in, you see "Welcome to Towny, do /t new to make a new town" even though you wouldn't have the money, and couldn't claim at that spot. To remedy this, instead of that message, it should be a brief description of towny, and prompt the new player to walk to/warp to a tutorial, or send them to a room when they first spawn where they can read the rules, and learn about the game. the occasional tips in chat are mostly ads for ranks, or refer to /menu, I think that all of the rank ads should be condensed into one, and things like /jobs, /ranks, and /pet should be mentioned. Side note about /ranks, I feel like it should be a chest UI instead of a list, so players can see the benefits of the ranks, or the list should refer them to a warp where the information about the ranks is listed.

WozzyA

WozzyA
WozzyA
On a semi-related note: When you spawn in, you see "Welcome to Towny, do /t new to make a new town" even though you wouldn't have the money, and couldn't claim at that spot. To remedy this, instead of that message, it should be a brief description of towny, and prompt the new player to walk to/warp to a tutorial, or send them to a room when they first spawn where they can read the rules, and learn about the game. the occasional tips in chat are mostly ads for ranks, or refer to /menu, I think that all of the rank ads should be condensed into one, and things like /jobs, /ranks, and /pet should be mentioned.
absolutely agree

Nashydog

Helper
Nashydog
Nashydog
Helper
Discord
Chariot#2801
On a semi-related note: When you spawn in, you see "Welcome to Towny, do /t new to make a new town" even though you wouldn't have the money, and couldn't claim at that spot. To remedy this, instead of that message, it should be a brief description of towny, and prompt the new player to walk to/warp to a tutorial, or send them to a room when they first spawn where they can read the rules, and learn about the game. the occasional tips in chat are mostly ads for ranks, or refer to /menu, I think that all of the rank ads should be condensed into one, and things like /jobs, /ranks, and /pet should be mentioned. Side note about /ranks, I feel like it should be a chest UI instead of a list, so players can see the benefits of the ranks, or the list should refer them to a warp where the information about the ranks is listed.
This is a good idea, as a player and staff member that is online as often as possible I see a lot of newer players asking for help about how to run a town and what the gamemode is actually about. It does get a little annoying when we the player base have to explain everything from the basics to advance systems to every new player that enters the game.

OP
OP
A
Replying to what you said Andy about the ranks. People pay for a reason, they purchase their ranks because they want those perks such as the kits and commands. The current ingame rank system allows all players to receive the same sorts of commands such as /feed, /heal and multiple sethomes. Its quite balanced at the moment. With custom enchants such as wings, all players essentially have access to these sorts of things. Lets not take away from the ranks; if you can get the perks without paying, why bother buying it?
They can change it howerver they want to, and I belive that there should be a way to get one of every rank!
It can be super expensive but you can still get it and The sevrer doesnt break the Minecraft ULA

OP
OP
A
that's some interesting and false speculation there

I think the most important improvements towny needs can be done without a complete reset
Yes they can And this what I am saying is true and you auto invited too. So dont tell me you didnt

djmaxbeat

djmaxbeat
djmaxbeat
Yes they can And this what I am saying is true and you auto invited too. So dont tell me you didnt
wozzy never used autoclicked and even if he did automatic fishing farms are allowed which uses it (wozzya never used autoclick), he never got 1.2 million from a bug and auto invite was allowed has wozzya asked if it was.
And, by the way, most of our Money has in town Money probably came from job and our first grinder which didn't use ig's, lm-ao. you assume things and you don't even know what you're talking about.

Black_Eagle_92

Hound
Champion
Black_Eagle_92
Black_Eagle_92
Helper
Discord
Joel#7323
Auto-inviting is not allowed :)