• Hello Guest! Take 65% off everything including ranks, keys and perks during our Revival Sale! Visit Store

Hub the fall of imperial networks - can it be revived?

Welcome to Imperial Networks
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which server or service is this suggestion for?
Hub
The answer is...yes it can be revived.
Whats up, if you're an older player (or staff member) you probably know me, kingpie_, as the kid who was a toxic player that was on the server from 2013-2017. Why did I stop? Inactive community and more importantly these three reasons.

Why has this server fallen?: I could go on for hours, but I'll stick with 3 main points: Unreasonable Punishments/logic, Staff Members, and Imperial's Business side of things.
Lastly i'll talk about how the server and be revived for good.

REASON 1 - Smh.

Unreasonable Punishments: I was permanently muted for my third offence of Suicide Encouragement towards toxic players. Anyone who becomes friends with lushlaiyacat/LaiaLapis/Eulaia/BoopsYourNose becomes toxic. 123Tobo was one of them. When friends with Laia told me to kill myself, told me that I have no friends. All said under Laia's propaganda. Now that Laia is gone what do you know? 123Tobo is a good, kind, STAFF member of the server towards me, and everyone. Back to my mute, I was muted for my third offence of Suicide Encouragement against Laia/Tobo and after about a month of mute appeals, me and Bakon finally come to an agreement. "Any Rule you break, will be a perm mute" I was unmuted, and within 12 hours, one of Laia's follwers provoked me and I was muted once again. I know what you're thinking "Kingpie_ you're so fucking dumb you still broke a rule." Let me tell you what happened. One of Laia's mindless followers said to me "I see you're unmuted. Are you happy right now?" I said, "Yeah not really happy. Some IRL stuff though, not because of the mute" They said "Oh what happened kingpie" I responded "My grandfather was put into the hospital, and I'm afraid he might die." He had the audacity to say "Stop being a pussy, that probably didn't even fucking happen, you attention seeking whore." I responded "I'm not fucking lying." Was the other person muted/warned for saying Pussy or fucking? Nope. But I was perm muted for that. "Kingpie why didn't you just /ignore them all" Trust me, I did. I ignored every single one of them until Laia started trying to get in contact with me any way possible. On discord, on Skype, on Instagram, on fucking Google+. She logged into alt accounts every day to say "UNMUTE ME NOW I NEED TO TALK" and so did all her followers. Messaging me, creating alts to cuss and laugh at me. That was one of the last straws. Was Laia or any of them ever muted. You guessed it. Of course not.

Pos1 (Formerly possiclestick) and GanyMeed: If you were a player around 2015-2017 you know who these two are. They ran the server through island top, baltop, and anything you could possibly think of, they were the kings of skyblock every single reset. "Where they at in Skyblock 8.0?" They were banned for exploiting. They had spent YEARS on your server, giving you $100's of dollars...and you banned them from exploiting. I knew a ton of people who were exploting. Using schematica, using macros, and I know you guys were fully aware about it. But since pos1 and GanyMeed weren't going to give you anymore money since they also knew the server was dying, you yourself exploited your own server, by choosing who to ban, for the exact same offences as pos1 and GanyMeed...

Unreasonable Logic for...EVERYTHING!: In Skyblock 7.0 my island built a massive farm, we got a lot of money, it was nerfed (cocoa beans). In Skyblock 8.0 we built a massive ice farm, was nerfed because we were making "too much money" Like wtf? If someone makes a farm that isn't automatic, not even semi automatic and someone is making a lot of money you decide to nerf it because it was too op. If you want to talk about shit being OP talk about Minions, which you had to PAY TO GET. The server is Pay To win. You made 100's of dollars from Minions, that died the next day. Stealing poor kid's money. If someone finds a good way to get money, it's nerfed. But getting 1000's of island level a day won't be nerfed, because it's making you guys money. That sounds terrible right? Right.

REASON 2 - Staff

Staff Members: I won't get into this one a lot but it's still a very important one. Your staff members...are TERRIBLE. All of them aren't even active on the server. I have PMs with 123tobo saying, "Hey Tobo why do you still play this shit server" He says "I don't lol, I just sit here afk so i can get a promote for being active." That's a great quality staff member guys! And Norman, dont get me STARTED ON NORMAN bruv. He Perm muted me for "Constant disrespect to the Server and it's members for saying "CobbOfficial you're kinda autistic XD" ...wtf... How is that constant, and how is that disrespect to him or the network? And changing the rules for me is grand because last time I checked calling someone autistic was a warning.

Staff Members choosing who to Punish; If they don't like you because you're more popular than them/they just don't like you they will punish you for ANYTHING. If they're friends with you they won't punish you for SHIT. Mainly talking about Bakon. Smolmeme (a staff member who was tryna slide with bakon and it worked) Copied my island design without permission. Which IS CLEARLY A RULE ON YOUR SERVER (and is a first offence ban) but since they were fuck buddies, nothing happened. I was punished for disrespecting a staff member though! More on Bakon; his friends telling people they're fat ugly peices of sh!t and to kill themselves. Bypassing and suicide encouragment? Isn't that breaking the rules? Not when you're friends with staff.

REASON 3 - Business

Pay to win (p2w)/Promotion for being afk: As you know, Skyblock 7.0 and 8.0 were revolved around /gen and AFK mining. Skyblock 7.0: "We're not making enough money because all people want to do is afk mine. They don't need to fly, they don't need to do anything but create a diamond pickaxe and mine for hours..." Skyblock 8.0: "we need minions that can do everything for you so all you have to do is get on the server and set up an auto cow farm and sit there! But but but we're going to make the minions hella expensive. People will buy them because they want to be on top..." Guys, when did you really stoop that low? What happened to grinding for those island levels, for those IG's in 6.0? Now IGs are in a crate which are like $30 I believe.

Vouchers: You messed up guys. From voting (which gives you more members) you can get tokens, those tokens could give you buycraft vouchers. Tokens were so unbelievably easy to get that they had to shutdown those voucher things. Apparently rewarding your members for voting isn't good enough.

Giving all donor perms to regular members and removing donor perms: I was furious about this. You can get fly from fucking voting now? You can /sell without having Silver? I bought Silver for /sell and /fly. Should I not have bought anything?? Removing /ss change, and most importantly..making the game too easy. Even without buying anything. You can /sell, /fly now, spawners are like 30K in the shop, voting gives you 20K, what happened to grinding for money, spawners, trading millions of in game dollars to get Silver or Gold for /sell or /fly? You don't gotta grind anymore. Imperial holds your hand until you quit the server because it's too easy.

Resolution: How are we gonna fix this guys?
Reset the whole Network at ONE TIME: Dont reset factions, then 6 months later Skyblock, then 3 months later Prison. When 3 servers are down for maintenance new players will be like "This is shit server. Nothing is getting done!" They'll leave. If you release all the servers at the same time every person will be satisfied. If they want to play Prison, it's there, if they want to play Skyblock, its there, want to play TDM, it's there. If Skyblock and Creative are the only servers up and someone wanna play Prison, they're gonna leave.

Maintenance: Factions is always in maintenance..when putting a server in maintenance fix it while it's still up and when it's fixed reset it with the whole network. Not 3 months later before the release of Skyblock. You guys are expanding the Network, thats great. Release it at the same time as everything else resets so players have options. This is not smart business, and not smart for the survival of the Network

Okay I'm done ranting. If I were to sum up everything in a few sentences it would be: Unmute and Unban valuable players to the network (e.g. pos, me, GanyMeed) and try to appeal to the older players, not 10 year olds. Make the game harder, not pay to win. Don't hold the players hand and give the donor perms back to donors. Hire actually good staff that will put their heart into the Network. (I've applied a few times but I wasn't accepted because of my history of punishments.) Legit Ben said to me "I'd make you a Helper, but with your past History of punishments we can't have a staff member taint the network since you have such a bad rep..." Bring back the old Skyblock, the old network that got 100's of players. Thank you

-Your friendly Creeper, kingpie_,

If you'd like to talk to me about anything more, PM me at ZERØFATIGUE#1118. Reply and share this post to everyone on the network. I need to make this known. If you share similar thoughts with me, also reply so we can have a chat. Thanks again.

OP
OP
K
Staff if you see this don't lock this thread. Let this thread be the start of a fix to the network. Let the members help. Start a Discord channel Idfk. Just let this be known.

Salamananders

kiwi boy
Osmium
Picasso
Outlaw
Champion
VIP Swag
VIP Prime
Salamananders
Salamananders
Co Owner
Discord
Shameeeeel #0223
man shut yo bitch ass mouth up kingpie

sincerely,
90% of everyone
<3

this servers not coming back. I remember back in the day we used to have 2000+ players somehow they just threw it away lmao Jknetz spent his money on his cars rather than making the server better. tbh i kinda miss the faction back in the day, but im confident enough to say this server is dead and its not coming back. My old IGN was choim0309

BlueIndigoPurple

BlueIndigoPurple
BlueIndigoPurple
I still have faith in this server. It could take a while, but Imperial can grow and exceed its' past.

xKorn

Osmium
Outlaw
Homosxual
Homosxual
this servers not coming back. I remember back in the day we used to have 2000+ players somehow they just threw it away lmao Jknetz spent his money on his cars rather than making the server better. tbh i kinda miss the faction back in the day, but im confident enough to say this server is dead and its not coming back. My old IGN was choim0309
Yo Choim, when did you resign?

Salamananders

kiwi boy
Osmium
Picasso
Outlaw
Champion
VIP Swag
VIP Prime
Salamananders
Salamananders
Co Owner
Discord
Shameeeeel #0223
I still have faith in this server. It could take a while, but Imperial can grow and exceed its' past.
I like the optimism and I agree with you, but only to a certain extent. It's not realistic at this point in time, considering player-count and interaction to look at the past as a model to scale success. Basically, it would be extremely hard for Imperial to attract and retain over 1,000 players. Nonetheless, although I don't think it can be done, it all rests on the shoulders of the staff team, and if they pull it off, I would be extremely proud of them.

I like the optimism and I agree with you, but only to a certain extent. It's not realistic at this point in time, considering player-count and interaction to look at the past as a model to scale success. Basically, it would be extremely hard for Imperial to attract and retain over 1,000 players. Nonetheless, although I don't think it can be done, it all rests on the shoulders of the staff team, and if they pull it off, I would be extremely proud of them.
If you guys pick your shit up and bring back factions and starting actually working, I'll start being active and help out. I pretty sure 70% of the OG Faction players are wanting old Swag-Craft back. I'll stay in touch with you guys since I'm in the discord msg me if you guys need help with anything faction related since I'm experienced in Faction department. Gl and give me my Swag rank asap back lol.

OP
OP
K
They're the staff I've had the most experience with, Fishy. Bakon more than Tobo. I'm sure other staff members have been like this. And thanks, Sal. I appreciate you giving me constructive criticism by saying to "Shut the fuck up" Which is player disrespect, but who the fuck cares anymore ya know? Because Sal was Co-Owner before he above the rules? That's good to know.

Salamananders

kiwi boy
Osmium
Picasso
Outlaw
Champion
VIP Swag
VIP Prime
Salamananders
Salamananders
Co Owner
Discord
Shameeeeel #0223
They're the staff I've had the most experience with, Fishy. Bakon more than Tobo. I'm sure other staff members have been like this. And thanks, Sal. I appreciate you giving me constructive criticism by saying to "Shut the fuck up" Which is player disrespect, but who the fuck cares anymore ya know? Because Sal was Co-Owner before he above the rules? That's good to know.
Yeah, call player disrespect after bitching about how you desperately needed to be relieved from your punishments

How the fuck do you get 5 pages of punishments?

What I will say about your argument is this: I agree with some of the things you said, but pieces of your argument were flawed.

• "heugh lets reset everything at once" is already being done. Whether it was your idea or not doesn't really matter.
  • Unbanning people because of their time on the server and effect they had on the community is stupid. Just like you, they broke the rules. I was the one who punished them for exploiting because I was supplied with sufficient evidence to do so. You ranted about how 'other people' exploited and claimed we knew about it but did we really? Unless we were given evidence that they were doing so, we couldn't have punished them. Also, Schematica is allowed - using printer isn't. Printer is disabled. bUt tHeY spEnT 100s of DollArS oN tHe SerVeR!!" - I hope you know that excuse is whack
  • You were never offered a staff position, nor would you have ever been given Helper at the time you claimed Ben said you could if it weren't for your history. Why? Because new staff were always mutually agreed on after a discussion with the Admin team, if not, between Ben and I. It's not that I don't like you, I really don't care, I just can't see you being an effective staff member.

What's that? Oh, right, you were never offered a position in the first place, according to the very person who you claimed to have offered you.

And don't even get me started on your shit with staff:

Staff Members: I won't get into this one a lot but it's still a very important one. Your staff members...are TERRIBLE. All of them aren't even active on the server. I have PMs with 123tobo saying, "Hey Tobo why do you still play this shit server" He says "I don't lol, I just sit here afk so i can get a promote for being active." That's a great quality staff member guys! And Norman, dont get me STARTED ON NORMAN bruv. He Perm muted me for "Constant disrespect to the Server and it's members for saying "CobbOfficial you're kinda autistic XD" ...wtf... How is that constant, and how is that disrespect to him or the network? And changing the rules for me is grand because last time I checked calling someone autistic was a warning.
You really don't understand why you were punished, huh. You can't expect to let staff put up with your shitty attitude over and over, can you? Your punishment: "Constant disrespect to the Server and its members" refers to your ongoing breaking of rules. Just because you were muted for suicide encouragement like 500 times doesn't mean you will continue to get the same punishment. Also, what did you so liberally check? The rules board? The rules board doesn't show that calling someone autistic would be a warning, so what did you check?

The idea of you dictating what we punish for and the type of punishment is similar to the concept of a 'citizens arrest' - it's stupid.

Also, claiming to have dirt on someone and not providing evidence is just talking shit. I don't mean for you to write an expose on Tobo, in fact, I'd hate to see it, but try not to do a 'he said this' without at least proving it. For this, I can only advise that you send a screenshot of this to someone who can deal with it appropriately.

Staff Members choosing who to Punish; If they don't like you because you're more popular than them/they just don't like you they will punish you for ANYTHING. If they're friends with you they won't punish you for SHIT. Mainly talking about Bakon. Smolmeme (a staff member who was tryna slide with bakon and it worked) Copied my island design without permission. Which IS CLEARLY A RULE ON YOUR SERVER (and is a first offence ban) but since they were fuck buddies, nothing happened. I was punished for disrespecting a staff member though! More on Bakon; his friends telling people they're fat ugly peices of sh!t and to kill themselves. Bypassing and suicide encouragment? Isn't that breaking the rules? Not when you're friends with staff.
Gonna wave this off, as I actually dealt with this. Bakon was demoted and I forgot what happened to smolmeme.

Resolution: How are we gonna fix this guys?
Let Joel and Ben handle things from here. Imperial requires attention and unfortunately, there's only a small amount of things that the community can do at this time. Things are a little different and I don't know if I agree with everything that I can see at the moment, but I trust Ben and Joel. I would not have left so unexpectedly if it weren't for them, as I know what they are capable of.

To back this up, Ben finished a lot of the work for Towny a few days after I heard he was working on it, and essentially did most of the work after pulling an all-nighter. When Skyblock (8? 9? I forgot lol) released, I was missing. I was up for the majority of the night to polish a few things with Joel and Ben and said I'd take a 'nap' at around 4, and that I'd be back in about 2 hours. I actually fucked up and slept through an alarm and ended up coming back 2 hours after the release time. I come back to a thriving server, all because Joel and Ben held it down.

Let them steer the ship for now. Support the staff team.

Because unlike you, kingpie_, they actually made it into the team. If you're calling them 'terrible', what does that make you?
Quote me next time, I'll get a notification.

OP
OP
K
Thanks for making a long, indepth reply Sal. I appreciate that.

Astar_ Had known about CactusGrinder (ign at the time) exploiting the infinite hopper limit in the nether...but didn't do anything about it.

Ben didn't say it on discord, he said it in a staff application. If I recall correctly Ben said in his reply to my staff application "We can't have you on our team because of your extensive punishments" Not because I had a bad application, not because I was a bad candidate, but because I had a terrible history on the server.

I agree, Joel and Ben are doing an amazing job on the server all alone. But we need more people, dedicated, mature, knowledgeable people, which Imperial doesn't have.

Thank you for demoting Bakon.

Bias Punishments: One of the admins just muted me for arguing or something. After he told me to tell him why I was so angry at the server. Laia was mocking me (which is player disrespect lmfao) but he doesnt do anything to her because they're friends. I just don't fucking get it man. I know you're not staff member but you're probably close to Joel so just do something about it. No staff member actually gives two damns about what I have to say and just mutes me or leaves.

For the "calling someone autistic isnt on the rule board what did you check" It's part of player disrespect. It encompasses all that. I admit, I have said some terrible things to players. But I've only given my heart-felt constructive criticism on the server. Maybe not really mad that I was muted, but because he worded it like that. Making it bigger than it had to be.

About the "All reset at one time biz" I had no idea that all the servers would be resetting at one time. And I'm super glad they are.

If I steal from some places irl and say "Stealing is wrong" is my voice mute? I don't believe so. I still know stealing is wrong and that people shouldn't do it even though I did it.

Don't know how to do the thing you did bout going back to the message before a responding to it but hopefully you can understand all of it. Thank you so much Sal. You're awesome for responding to me like this.

Salamanders

AStar_

Administrator
Admin
Well… this is got interesting. Before I start, I have been watching this thread closely and due to some serious time restraints and I haven’t had time to make a post about this. I guess I need to now or else this is going to spiral out of control.

To start, Thank You for pointing out things about people not being punished and bias in that. That issue was addressed to the staff team.

Was Laia or any of them ever muted. You guessed it. Of course not.

Do you have proof of this? There is a /report function built into the game and a section of the forums made to report players who break the rules. All you need to do is create the post WITH PROOF and they will get punished. I looked through the reports section and I don’t even see on post from you reporting anyone. That is a super easy fix that you can make and try to have people be punished.

Pos1 (Formerly possiclestick) and GanyMeed: If you were a player around 2015-2017 you know who these two are. They ran the server through island top, baltop, and anything you could possibly think of, they were the kings of skyblock every single reset. "Where they at in Skyblock 8.0?" They were banned for exploiting. They had spent YEARS on your server, giving you $100's of dollars...and you banned them from exploiting. I knew a ton of people who were exploting. Using schematica, using macros, and I know you guys were fully aware about it. But since pos1 and GanyMeed weren't going to give you anymore money since they also knew the server was dying, you yourself exploited your own server, by choosing who to ban, for the exact same offences as pos1 and GanyMeed...
I won’t argue about pos and Gany being the ‘kings of skyblock’. I totally agree with you because they did everything right. Pos and Gany were caught exploiting and autoclicking and it wasn’t by an admin or joel, it was by Mqson. Mqson caught them autoclicking and banned them. They even trying bargaining with him to get an unban. They cheated, and they were banned. I saw the video/I recorded too. Again if you have proof of others doing it or even think that they are guilty make a report(specifically in game here) and we can watch them.

Unreasonable Logic for...EVERYTHING!: In Skyblock 7.0 my island built a massive farm, we got a lot of money, it was nerfed (cocoa beans). In Skyblock 8.0 we built a massive ice farm, was nerfed because we were making "too much money" Like wtf? If someone makes a farm that isn't automatic, not even semi automatic and someone is making a lot of money you decide to nerf it because it was too op. If you want to talk about shit being OP talk about Minions, which you had to PAY TO GET. The server is Pay To win. You made 100's of dollars from Minions, that died the next day. Stealing poor kid's money. If someone finds a good way to get money, it's nerfed. But getting 1000's of island level a day won't be nerfed, because it's making you guys money. That sounds terrible right? Right.
Have you worked on making an economy for any server? It is extremely difficult and super time consuming. Changes get made in the economy so that it is far for EVERYONE. Ice sold for $20 per one. That is a little OP in my opinion so it needed to get nerfed and so it did. It still sells for $7.5 so it is still decent. As for the minions I can’t talk much on that as I was against them when it was brought up. In the end it is wasn’t my choice.

Proof? As for the Bakon and smolmeme, Bakon got demoted and so did smolmeme. Not much more to talk about as Sal said.

Hire actually good staff that will put their heart into the Network. (I've applied a few times but I wasn't accepted because of my history of punishments.) Legit Ben said to me "I'd make you a Helper, but with your past History of punishments we can't have a staff member taint the network since you have such a bad rep..."
You aren’t the only one this was said to. On the old forums I saw apps denied for a very similar reason. In addition at least look at your app and get the wording correct.

Astar_ Had known about CactusGrinder (ign at the time) exploiting the infinite hopper limit in the nether...but didn't do anything about it.
LMAO you wanna even try? It got reported SO MANY TIMES! I reported it too! Don’t say stuff you can’t prove.

Bias Punishments: One of the admins just muted me for arguing or something. After he told me to tell him why I was so angry at the server. Laia was mocking me (which is player disrespect lmfao) but he doesnt do anything to her because they're friends. I just don't fucking get it man. I know you're not staff member but you're probably close to Joel so just do something about it. No staff member actually gives two damns about what I have to say and just mutes me or leaves.
Again just report them and on top of it report the staff member too for not punishing.

I feel this is all I need to touch on within this post. Shoutout to Sal for saying stuff while I was busy with my personal stuff.

To other people looking at this thread and you have suggestions, then feel free to make a thread and post your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.